Old March 15th 20, 04:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MissRiaElaine MissRiaElaine is offline

Default Question re RT FAMILY withdrawl

On 15/03/2020 10:13, Graham Harrison wrote:
When they withdrew the RT/RTW/RTL family how did LT decide which ones
to withdraw when? Did they follow a similar pattern to, say,
trolleybuses doing a whole garage at a time (I don't believe so)? Did
they withdraw the RTWs first because they were (despite being 500
strong) non-standard? Was it based on an approaching overhaul date
(but that might have made them harder to sell on and lost were sold)?

Anyone know?

Not offhand, but I have a book on the history of the RT family
somewhere, I'll see if it says anything.

--
Ria in Aberdeen