Old March 16th 20, 02:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default TfL's enhanced cleaning regime

On Mon, 16 Mar 2020 14:32:20 +0000, MissRiaElaine
wrote:

On 16/03/2020 14:07, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 15/03/2020 23:41, MissRiaElaine wrote:

I just worry for those whose employment is being affected;
bar/restaurant staff, pubs, cinemas, shops etc. It's hard enough
running a small business these days without this to make things even
more difficult.

I was speaking to a friend (on the phone..!) the other day who works
as a video engineer in the live entertainment industry. He's
self-employed and has had to take a job making window boxes for the
next six months as all his normal work has dried up completely.

Still, at least he still has some money coming in, even if it's not as
much as he's used to. An awful lot of people are going to be hung out
to dry over this, and it's the media to blame for most of it in my
opinion.

What the hell has the media got to do with it?

The media are the ones blowing everything out of all proportion.
Exaggerating risks, scaremongering, even the BBC's "news" site isn't
immune to it.

And as for the tabloid press, I won't even begin to comment on what I
think of them.

I've not looked at the tabloid press, but plenty of other countries
seem to be panicking about it, much more than we are.