Old March 19th 20, 06:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,uk.politics.misc
abelard[_2_] abelard[_2_] is offline

Default Tube partially shut due to Kung Flu

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 17:12:16 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
wrote:

Graeme Wall wrote:
On 19/03/2020 16:29, Recliner wrote:
Graeme Wall wrote:
On 19/03/2020 13:32, wrote:
On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 01:02:40 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...nd-transport-r
estricted-by-weekend-whitehall-sources-11959814

The Tube shutdowns could be much greater next week if the rumoured London
shutdown happens.

I'd love to know how they'd intend to inforce it. They haven't got enough
police to do deal with normal crime, never mind this. And putting the army
onto the streets of mainland UK would be the kiss of death for any government.
Not they have enough soldiers either frankly.

I think this situation is going to be the kiss of death for this
government anyway, they are in a no-win situation whatever they do. The
one thing they have got going for them is the continuing stupidity of
the labour party which still doesn't have a leader or a coherent policy
on anything.

Actually, I think the UK government is handling it fairly well, no worse
than other European countries, and much better than the US. The
government's decisions are being made with the best available scientific
advice, and they're not afraid to change course when the advice changes.

While possibly true that isn't going to help them when things get really
bad.

Remember, other European countries like Italy are a week or two ahead of us
on the curve, so any bad news here will have been preceded by similar bad
news elsewhere a week or two earlier. And the US will have much bigger
numbers of seriously ill and dead than us. Italy and Spain also have
unstable governments, unlike the UK. So we'll probably seem better off than
others.

how seriously dead will they be?

--
www.abelard.org