Old April 7th 20, 08:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham Harrison[_4_] Graham Harrison[_4_] is offline

Default Heathrow expansion plans "illegal"

On Tue, 7 Apr 2020 07:50:42 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

On Mon, 06 Apr 2020 21:06:43 +0100
Graham Harrison wrote:
It's my belief we will see more and more "long, thin, routes" in years
to come and that, in the case of South America, the need to travel via
Madrid or Amsterdam will slowly fade. In any case, my own preference
in recent years has been to use a non stop flight from London to one
of the few places in South America (e.g. Sao Paulo) and then get my
connection rather than going via Madrid although I accept that for
destinations in countries in the northwest corner of the continent
(e.g. Ecuador) that might not be ideal.

First world problems eh?

Indeed.

Let's face it, the whole airport/air travel debate is a first world
problem. The rest of the world just want to catch up.