Old April 19th 20, 04:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default Free travel on London busses

tim... wrote:

"Recliner" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

"Recliner" wrote in message
tim... wrote:
so it says:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9470161.html

I got on at the front door and tapped my card this morning

But, like many bus passengers, you were presumably travelling free?

only to me

my ride is still "accounted for" in order to work out how much my LA
should
pay - as part of an averaging process, not directly for that ride.

It's only accounted for as a way of divvying up a fixed budget. It doesn't
affect TfL's income.

I know

I thought that was what I said (albeit a long way round)

but OTOH, of they aren't taking money for paying punters, the deficit that
has to be made up will be greater

I don't think there are many would-be paying punters at the moment, so it
hardly matters if their fares are collected or not.