Old April 19th 20, 09:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Free travel on London busses

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 04:47:40PM +0100, Richard wrote:

London's move to board by the middle door comes about a month after it
was done in several other European bus networks, I wonder how much
illness and worse could have been avoided if TfL had made this decision
earlier ...

Very little, I would think, given that drivers are separated from
passengers by a plastic screen rather more substantial than the plastic
screens that are popping up in places like pharmacies. This change is
just an attempt to stop the public transport unions behaving like
bell-ends when management have more important things to worry about.

--
David Cantrell | A machine for turning tea into grumpiness

Seven o'clock in the morning is something that
happens to those less fortunate than me