Old May 5th 20, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Biosecurity Level 4 Labs in London

In message , at 09:16:54 on Tue, 5 May 2020,
Recliner remarked:

So where are the UK labs? I guessed that Porton Down would be
prominent, and it does indeed have two such labs, one military, one
civilian. More surprisingly, there are three conveniently located
BSL-4 labs along the Northern Line, and three more in Surrey. There's
also one just north of London, in Potters Bar.

I suspect the Northern Line ones mainly belong to Public Health England,
and are the ones which are now attracting some attention because the
NHS's plan for testing of notifiable diseases was over-centralised into
them.

Disclaimer: my one time next door neighbour was an epidemiologist
working in one of those facilities.

I don't think so. They're research labs, not test tabs.

Are any of your list at Colindale?

Yes, and that one is Public Health England's Centre for Infections,
Department of Health laboratory. Diagnostics for various viral diseases.
Part of the European Network of Biosafety-Level-4 Laboratories

And it's only research, not testing?