Old May 8th 20, 08:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Marland Marland is offline

Default Nice empty tube

wrote:
On Thu, 7 May 2020 18:09:14 +0100
"michael adams" wrote:
wrote in message ...
On Thu, 7 May 2020 15:21:51 +0100
"michael adams" wrote:
wrote in message ...
If you feel like taking a trip up to central london you might be
interested to know the tube is nice and empty and with a lot of closed
stations - quite quick.
The only downside are the childish tannoy messages for everyone to stay
home like good little citizens.

Whatever you do, don't mention at what time of day you
made your journey(s); as that might render such information
useful to someone.

I suspect the ticket gates already have that information.

But any readers of this group, to whom your observations were
originally addressed, and who might actually find such information
useful, are still completely in the dark.

You seem to think I care about who knows I took the tube. Unlike you I'm not
concerned with the BTP kicking down mhy front door and dragging me off to
the nick for Breaking LockDown Rules (cue juvenile emotional blackmail public
information broadcast full of sad serious looking NHS workers wagging a
metaphorical finger and happy pensioners who've dodged a bullet).

A chap up the road did a swoop from here in Hampshire to North Wales and
back in his Austin Healey 3000 to collect something he bought on ebay ,
when asked ( not by me) if he was worried about being stopped and fined
he replied
“ With petrol being so cheap at the moment the saving would have covered
the £30 ticket.”

I doubt he is the only person to have made a similar calculation .

GH