Old May 11th 20, 04:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Most at risk

In message , at 15:25:12 on Mon, 11 May
2020, Recliner remarked:
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...rds-chefs-and-
taxi-drivers-among-those-most-likely-to-die-with-covid-19-says-ons-
11986382

I'm not surprised by the care workers, because they're less likely to have
good PPE, more likely to be on zero hours contracts (and therefore less
likely to be tested or hospitalised if they feel unwell) and, of course,
much more likely to be in contact with virus-infected patients than most
NHS staff.

But I hadn't thought of security guards being in a high risk occupation.

That's just because of being in contact with lots of different people I
think. When I went shopping last week it occurred to me that the chap I
most needed to avoid was the one at the door enforcing the "one out, one
in" policy". He wasn't social distancing, and had said exchanged a few
words with every entering and departing customer.