Old May 14th 20, 05:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Bus Frequency

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 10:34:23 on
Thu, 14 May 2020, Trolleybus remarked:
On Wed, 13 May 2020 18:50:08 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 15:32:02 on Wed, 13 May
2020, Recliner remarked:

Went shopping on the bus today

and frequencies are definitely down from the last time I reported on
this

all the 10 minute frequency busses past my house are now every 15
minutes

I'm sure it wasn't like that 2-3 weeks ago

Yes, I've just checked the on-line timetable for my local bus, and the
normally 12-15 mins service is now a 20 min service. Not that many
people
are using them.

Mine is stubbornly sticking to one every two hours.

Is it a council-supported service?

No, a regular Stagecoach commercial service, and runs 7am-8pm, so it's
viable for commuting if one has to.

once every 2 hours doesn't sound viable for commuting

you either have to arrive at 7:30 or 9:30, or whatever

Ours is, and ancient buses

We tend to get hand-me-downs from the infamous guided bus, so quite high
spec and rarely more than ten years old.

carrying fresh air are still passing every hour in each direction, nobody
carrying at all between small villages, local towns and Stansted Airport.

The nearby commercial operator has reduced its service from three
slight variants of a route collectively running every ten minutes to
just one bus per hour.