Old May 19th 20, 09:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@nowhere.co.uk is offline

Default Coronavirus: TfL reveals 20 busiest Tube and train

On Tue, 19 May 2020 08:25:34 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
The 2m thing is like a religious prohibition: vaguely based on a sensible

I hadn't thought of it like that, but it certainly matches peoples behaviour.
Wierdly - assuming my local supermarket is typical - that behaviour is
forgotten in the aisles. Presumably because its almost impossible to observe.

Tempting though it may be, most experts say we should not look for
individuals. Superspreading events are determined by a complex mix of
behavioural and environmental factors.

I wonder if its complex in reality. I imagine its the sort of people who wipe
their nose with their fingers then go and then go and touch a dozen items in
every shop they visit and hardly buy any of them just leaving them on the
shelves nicely infected. Ditto when they touch the handles in buses and trains.

In London, cases of coronavirus have dropped dramatically since the
lockdown. The superspreading events that were once spreading the virus so
widely have now stopped.

I doubt they've stopped , far more likely IMO is that a significant proportion
of the population have caught the virus without knowing it and are now immune.