Old May 23rd 20, 01:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default Coronavirus: TfL reveals 20 busiest Tube and train

On Sat, 23 May 2020 13:27:34 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 13:12:04 on
Sat, 23 May 2020, Recliner remarked:

Apparently teachers have had a significantly lower death rate from Covid
than the wider population, after correcting for age and gender. The
greatest risk of schools reopening is the journey to and from the school.

Which in my experience is, for teachers, overwhelmingly not on public
transport. Apart from anything else it's not reliable enough to
guarantee to get you for 8.30am, not a minute later.

Also, many bus routes avoid schools before 9am, because they don't want
the hassle of kids on stage buses (yes, I've discussed this specific
issue with a bus company when writing a school's transport policy).

Yes, I was thinking of the dangers of the drive to work.

Apart from the fact lots of people are driving with their eyes shut
because they apparently expect exclusive use of deserted roads, what's
the risk you allude to?

Just the normal risks of the road, nothing special. In other words,
their risks of catching covid-19 are no worse than the risks of
everyday life.