Old June 7th 20, 08:11 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default New Freedom pass peak hour restriction

"Recliner" wrote in message
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 06/06/2020 21:59, Recliner wrote:
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
GB wrote:

And, I thought the trains were going to run all night?

Night Tube is suspended indefinitely AIUI.

… along with London's night economy which it serves. For obvious
reasons,
I've not been in a town centre at night lately, but it must be weirdly
empty, with all pubs, restaurants, theatres, clubs, etc closed.

It's like that in the daytime as well. Every time I go food shopping
it's like Sunday in the 1960's, very depressing. I just wonder how many
of the closed shops will reopen, there were enough empty ones along most
of the main streets here before all this started, I dread to think how
many will be like that once they are allowed to reopen.æ

In the day, you have the queues along the pavements or through the car
parks to enter the open shops, pharmacies, supermarkets, bank branches,
etc. Sometimes the queues for different shops overlap, needing to be
choreographed (the really bizarre ones snake through the Ikea car parks,
Disneyland-style).

I try and go at a time that I don't have to Q

9am works pretty well

Though the Ikea Q looks unavoidable

I don't need my new shelf unit that badly

(before anyone asks - unavailable for delivery)

tim