Old June 7th 20, 08:12 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default New Freedom pass peak hour restriction

"Anna Noyd-Dryver" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

"Arthur Figgis" wrote in message
On 06/06/2020 11:11, Roland Perry wrote:

Public transport day-tickets are usually 4am-4am.

Are they? One of the first things I look for when buying them is what
they
a I've seen until last service, 00:00-24:00, 24 h from purchase, 24 h
from first use (handy when staying somewhere overnight),

24 hours from first use is common in Europe

but I can't recall anywhere in the UK that uses that method

I had a ticket somewhere in Japan (I think it was) like that, which meant
hanging about in the hotel for another hour on the first day to make sure
that the ticket would still be valid for getting to the airport/station (I
can't remember which, or where) for our onwards travel the next day.

done that sort of thing many times

:-(