Old June 7th 20, 05:30 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] martin.coffee@round-midnight.org.uk is offline

Default New Freedom pass peak hour restriction

On 07/06/2020 17:01, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 06/06/2020 23:20, Recliner wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 06/06/2020 21:59, Recliner wrote:
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
GB wrote:

And, I thought the trains were going to run all night?

Night Tube is suspended indefinitely AIUI.

… along with London's night economy which it serves. For obvious
reasons,
I've not been in a town centre at night lately, but it must be weirdly
empty, with all pubs, restaurants, theatres, clubs, etc closed.

It's like that in the daytime as well. Every time I go food shopping
it's like Sunday in the 1960's, very depressing. I just wonder how many
of the closed shops will reopen, there were enough empty ones along most
of the main streets here before all this started, I dread to think how
many will be like that once they are allowed to reopen.æ

In the day, you have the queues along the pavements or through the car
parks to enter the open shops, pharmacies, supermarkets, bank branches,
etc. Sometimes the queues for different shops overlap, needing to be
choreographed (the really bizarre ones snake through the Ikea car parks,
Disneyland-style).

So, oddly enough, there are quite a few people on the streets, even if
most
are, in your favourite phrase, socially distanced. But we need a new
etiquette for whether/when to keep silent or talk to the next person 2m
behind in the slowly-moving queue. In London, silence usually rules, but
I'd expect more chatting in friendly places like Liverpool or Newcastle.

No queuing outside the high street shops here, although there was when
we attempted to buy a new loo seat at B&Q. One look and we decided it
could wait until another day...

Toolstation and Screwfix are click and collect at the door although I
don't know if they specifically flog loo seats.