Old June 7th 20, 06:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Charles Ellson[_2_] Charles Ellson[_2_] is offline

Default New Freedom pass peak hour restriction

On Sun, 7 Jun 2020 10:21:47 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"Recliner" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

"Recliner" wrote in message
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
Recliner wrote:
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
GB wrote:

And, I thought the trains were going to run all night?

Night Tube is suspended indefinitely AIUI.

… along with London's night economy which it serves. For obvious
reasons,
I've not been in a town centre at night lately, but it must be weirdly
empty, with all pubs, restaurants, theatres, clubs, etc closed.

I was surprised to see one of the burger vans back in the centre of
Bristol
at 3am this week.

Night tube has apparently been losing huge amounts of money since it
began,
so I suspect that it won't return any time soon.

Ah, I didn't know that. They kept on putting out bullish statements on
how
well it was doing, and now popular it's becoming, but not anything on
the
finances. You probably have to dig deep into TfL's financial reports to
see
an analysis of Night Tube numbers, if they're published at all.

ISTM that once every 10 minutes (if my Google result was correct - I
can't
look up current schedules) is far too frequent

even busses, which carry far smaller numbers usually only run ever 30
minutes on each route

So surely every 30 minutes is frequent enough for the tube as well

Try that about 04.00 on the Jubilee Line from London to Stanmore and
you won't achieve social distancing if the usual passengers are
present.

a 25 minute wait at 2am is nothing compared to the previous wait of 5
hours
on a Sat night/Sun Morning

IME that can often be a normal waiting time on the Piccadilly Line
around 03.00. The service seems very random compared with the Jubilee
and Northern Lines.

They cut the night bus service back on routes that paralled the Night Tube

how does that work, given that night busses operate 7 days a week

and the tube 2 days a week

Many LB night buses only operate at weekends (e.g. 140, 183) and not
always on all or exactly the same route. The one near me that is 7
days/week (N98) does parallel some of the Jubilee Line.
snip