Old June 18th 20, 05:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default PT today

In message , at 15:18:40 on Wed, 17
Jun 2020, MissRiaElaine remarked:
On 17/06/2020 14:36, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 13:20:21 on Wed, 17
Jun 2020, MissRiaElaine remarked:

The silly cloth things that people wear walking around Tesco are
useless.

*On what basis did you reach that conclusion?* As long as they're
at least* two layers thick, they'll do the job they're intended to do.

Lull people into a false sense of security, yes. They're excellent
at that. I for one am not so easily fooled.

Perhaps the message that they aren't intended to protect the wearer,
hasn't got through?
This is a wonderful commentary on the ability of the general public
to "act like grown-ups" and make sensible decisions based on the
perceived risks, when they fall at the first fence like this.

I am perfectly capable of acting like a grown-up by making my own
decisions and not wearing something I know to be useless.

In a nutshell, you just contradicted yourself in one sentence.

If you think they work then wear one,

Actually, I'm more likely to wear the sort of mask the Minister said we
shouldn't - one of those rectangular blue surgical masks. Like the less
comfortable FFP2 dust mask, I have long[1] had a few in my DIY drawer
(for use when sanding lead paint, or cutting chipboard).

but don't come anywhere near me with it on.

If I encounter you on public transport I'd expect almost everyone to be
wearing some sort of face covering. Playing whack-a-mole with me isn't
going to help much.

[1] Some, so long that elastic has perished sigh