Old June 18th 20, 09:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Marland Marland is offline

Default PT today

Roland Perry wrote:
,

Actually, I'm more likely to wear the sort of mask the Minister said we
shouldn't - one of those rectangular blue surgical masks. Like the less
comfortable FFP2 dust mask, I have long[1] had a few in my DIY drawer
(for use when sanding lead paint, or cutting chipboard).

One of my activities frequently involves needle gunning steelwork which
throws up a fair amount of fine oxide particles and which makes any mucous
issue look like it did following a trip London 4 decades ago before
emissions were reduced.
By a stroke of luck when on of the facilities involved in the missis care
work was closed down a year ago the building contents was being emptied
mainly into a skip which one naturally delves through and I found about
50 boxes of those types of mask with each box holding 50 of them so I took
them for the task mentioned. Still have about 45 boxes left. Did think
about offering them to some people who were desperate for them but given
their provenance of being acquired from a skip and a period in a garden
shed where there is a small possibility that rodents may have been in
contact with the boxes decided a receiver would say “thanks “and then bin
them . So I’ve kept them and now have a good supply for the foreseeable
future, if just used for travel and shopping a decade at least.

The packs of disposable latex gloves also acquired we have gone through
quicker as they can be worn while painting or keeping hands clean while
gardening etc.

GH