Old June 19th 20, 11:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default TfL's curious wording

I've just received the weekly TfL newsletter, which includes the usual
notices about weekend line closures. This weekend, two lines won't run at
all, but TfL seems to be trying to sugar the pill by somehow implying that
they're only partly closed:

Hammersmith & City line
On Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 June, there will be no service between
Hammersmith and Barking. This is due to engineering work. Use alternative
Tube, local or replacement buses or Santander Cycles.

Bakerloo line
On Sunday 21 June, there will be no service between Elephant & Castle and
Harrow & Wealdstone. This is due to engineering work. Use alternative Tube
services between Elephant & Castle and Paddington. Rail replacement bus BL5
will run between Queen's Park and Paddington.

I notice it also says:

As of Friday 12 June, the first and last sets of doors will be out of use
on DLR trains to further protect Passenger Service Agents. These will be
for staff use only. Please move along the platform to use another set of
doors, this will help enable social distancing. Staff will ensure that
customers have time to board at another set of doors, with particular
attention paid to visually and mobility impaired passengers.

–——

I assume this means that the coveted front seats will no longer be
available for passengers?