Old June 20th 20, 11:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default PT today

In message , at 11:50:44 on Sat, 20 Jun
2020, Graeme Wall remarked:
We are asking all providers of laboratory-based COVID-19 antibody
testing services using capillary blood collected by a fingerprick to
temporarily stop providing this service until home collection of this
sample type has been properly assessed and validated for use with these
laboratory tests.

Use of unvalidated sample types may lead to unreliable results and as
such we are working closely with the service providers, laboratories
and test manufacturers to resolve the regulatory and patient safety
issues.

People who have purchased one of these sampling kits, and received an
antibody test result, should not consider the result to be reliable and
should not take any action based on it.

Ah!! So there is another side to this story. I thought so.