Old June 23rd 20, 09:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default PT today

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 19:54:22 on Mon, 22 Jun
2020, Recliner remarked:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:50:17 on Mon, 22 Jun
2020, remarked:
On Mon, 22 Jun 2020 11:03:38 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:12:22 on Mon, 22 Jun
2020,
remarked:
On Fri, 19 Jun 2020 17:59:47 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 14:55:38 on Fri, 19 Jun
2020,
remarked:

given Ferguson was prediction 500K deaths I think we can say that the
model needed a bit of tweaking.

Wasn't that if we "did nothing". But we did 'something'.

A similar prediction was also made for Sweden.

Who had social distancing and PPE policies. But a lack of lockdown has

Voluntary policies. They treated their population as adults, not naughty
children who needed to be coralled at home.

And look how successful that was.

Actually, not bad compared to the "take no action at all" scenario, even
though they nevertheless have the worst figures in Europe.

Which 'they' are you referring to in that statement?

Sweden.

Presumably not Sweden, whose figures are better than the UK.

But are significantly worse than other r27 countries.

Rubbish. You'll have to cite the scientific paper that supports that fake
statistic. Or did you just make it up?

Meanwhile, in the real world, Sweden has the fifth-worst figures in Europe.
We are second-worst.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

ps In case you hadn't noticed, we left Europe.

Really? Which continent are we in now?