Old June 26th 20, 07:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Able[_2_] Peter Able[_2_] is offline

Default Near miss on Met

On 26/06/2020 12:18, wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 18:28:36 +0100
Peter Able wrote:
On 25/06/2020 17:40, Guy Gorton wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 16:19:37 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
wrote:

Guy Gorton wrote:
On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 10:43:25 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

Don't know if this has already been posted:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...unched-commute
-train-going-wrong-way-London-Tube-line-nearly-crashes.html

How on earth can this happen? Surely the chiltern driver knew what side

of the
line he was on? And why didn't the tripcocks work or have they been

removed
from that section of line now?

A lot of interesting history of the line at
http://www.metroland.org.uk/cheshamflyer/

I think that, thanks to the misleading Tube map, a lot of people wrongly
think that Amersham is the most distant LU destination, when it's actually
Chesham.

Certainly since the Met stopped going to Aylesbury. (Change loco from
electric to steam at Rickmansworth).

Guy Gorton

Which was well before the present majority were born !

I know it was probably only a threat, but how different it might be now
if the Chesham line had extended on to the LNWR.

IIRC Ongar used to be the tube station most distant from central london and
that only closed in 94.

That was my first instinct, but from Clive's website I see that I was
wrong !

PA