Old June 28th 20, 11:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D.W. Feather Clive D.W. Feather is offline

Default PT today

In article , Recliner
writes
I didn't think that such a test was routinely available, even in the private
market

I thought all of these tests were speculate and unreliable

Clive reported having such a test, but with the analysis done the next day
in a lab, not at home. There are also private tests available, not sure how
reliable they are.

This was a private test.

It was recommended to me by a senior hospital consultant that I've known
for over 40 years and I trust. She used it for her family and, if I
recall correctly, said it was the one the hospital uses when needed.

I also asked a friend who's a coronavirus and immunization expert at CDC
in Atlanta to look over the company's web site and translate the jargon
for me. He said that it will be reliable in the positive direction - if
it says you have the long term antibodies, you have them - but perhaps
2% false negatives - saying "no" when you do have antibodies. For the
purpose we wanted the tests, that's the right answer.

--
Clive D.W. Feather