Old June 30th 20, 09:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D.W. Feather Clive D.W. Feather is offline

Default Near miss on Met

In article , Trolleybus
writes
It would probably take at least 20 today, if it were allowed at all. Can
you imagine them allowing the crew to be working on live fourth rail
tracks, with steam and dripping water all around?

I went to a Steam on the Met not THAT long ago. They dropped a piece
of old carpet over the centre rail when they went between for
coupling. They had no need to go anywhere near the third rail.

Last time I watched them do that at Steam on the Met (some years ago)
they had a shaped piece of plastic with a handle that they could put
over the negative rail (don't recall if it reached the positive) to
protect themselves.

--
Clive D.W. Feather