Old July 15th 20, 10:11 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Marland Marland is offline

Default Banksy decorates a Circle Line train

Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On Tue, 14 Jul 2020 15:44:53 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
Banksy reminds LU passengers to wear their masks. Amazingly, his elaborate
performance was on a busy in-service train, and was videoed by a
collaborator:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCn800cFIbe/

I wonder if that has doubled the value of the S7 carriage?

Or reduced it if like me you think Banksy is nothing more than a ham artist
who got famous for [reasons] with his undergrad art college level stencils.

https://www.myartbroker.com/artist/banksy/top-ten-prices-paid-for-banksy-art/

The cost of an S stock carriage is about £1m. So four Banksy artworks each
have been sold for more than the cost of such a carriage. The highest
priced Banksy fetched more than the cost of a whole S stock train.

He is a bit of a Robin Hood figure though who by skilful timing and
choosing of subjects has managed to progress from a graffiti vandal to folk
hero.
Just hope we don’t see copycats who. think it okay to start daubing
messages inside vehicles because they think it has become socially
acceptable .can just imagine the furore when someone daubs Black Lives
Matter in a non artistic manner and it gets cleaned off because the mark
resembles more the
vomit resembling mess seen on Railway infrastructure rather than anything
artistic.

GH