Old August 10th 20, 08:40 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar@nowhere.co.uk is offline

Default Can't update Oyster card with cash any more

I took the tube for the first time in months yesterday and it seems you
can no longer update your oyster card with cash. I asked one of the staff
about this apparently "temporary" measure and he said he doubts the facility
will ever come back and I tend to believe him. So thats another avenue of
anonymity out the window. How long before Oyster cards themselves are
consigned to history and we have to use a bank card everywhere so we can
be nicely tracked not only by TfL but by the banks too?