Old September 5th 20, 08:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim...[_2_] tim...[_2_] is offline

Default School Buses

"Graham Harrison" wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Sep 2020 20:13:51 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
wrote:

tim... wrote:
Was walking past the stop on my way to the clinic this afternoon, and
there
was a notice on it about "School Buses"

Which basically said "where we are running school buses, don't get on
them
if you aren't a child going to school"

and I thought:

There are no school bus routes around here.

And then I saw buses going down the road with a sign in the front saying
"Not School Bus"

So it seems that they are designating some services on ordinary routes
as
special school buses and are using this signage to tell you which are
which

Correct. They'll allow more kids on those buses than passengers are
allowed
on normal public buses.

Haven't been out at the right time of day to gauge the frequency of
these
designated buses yet

Are they not just designating some normal scheduled buses as 'school'
buses? So they'll be like a cancelled service as far as the rest of us
are
concerned.

I forget which program (probably Radio 4) when someone from TfL was
saying they were laying on several hundred extra "school buses". I did
wonder how they were sourcing them.

However, this
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-a4534346.html
seems to suggest they are, indeed, just designating. Such buses can be
filled to normal capacity apparently.

not normal capacity, as no standees to be allowed

If you can manage that with the average bunch of 12 years olds