Old October 13th 20, 07:06 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default uk.railway - gone

On 13/10/2020 18:47, Scott wrote:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2020 11:32:43 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
wrote:

Arthur Conan Doyle wrote:
Or you could just use a different news server. Usenet is a distributed system
and thankfully, Google does not control it, they just offer access. I was able
to add uk.railway from astraweb and downloaded over 1m headers.

Spam in unmoderated Usenet groups has been around since the beginning of time.
The traditional way of dealing with it is a newsreader than offers reasonable
keyword and baysean filtering.

Unfortunately there are people who think that usenet groups are part of
Google Groups, and not something that existed long before Google was
invented. So when GG cuts off access to a usenet group, because of all the
drug spam that was being injected via GG, those people think the group is
dead and gone, hence the misleading title of this thread.

My sense of history is that Usenet predated the Internet.

ITYM Usenet predated the World Wide Web

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.