Old December 16th 20, 10:24 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] spuddy@isnotyourbuddy.co.uk is offline

Default Have the 483s had their final run?

On 16 Dec 2020 11:01:26 GMT
Marland wrote:
wrote:
On 15 Dec 2020 18:59:36 GMT
Jeremy Double wrote:
Of course, the UK never had any influence in the EU...

Irrelevant. Brexit was about immigration pure and simple. If that clown Blair

hadn't opened the flood gates to all the Igors and Olgas the minute the
grasping east european countries joined and immediately held out their palms
for silver I doubt Brexit would have happened.

It is amusing however how all the Remoaners were claiming the sky would fall
the minute they all started to leave yet now if you go into a Costa most of
the staff are the British kids who were never given a chance before. Also
all the east european security staff in my local supermarket have cleared off

and been replaced by Brits. Brexit - so far - is working.

Be interesting to have a closer study at who those Kids are, the current
plague has so distorted jobs and the economy that the effect of Brexit and
what might have been or not cannot accurately be quantified but one thing
that appears to have been happening is the number of people not just young
who were employed or aspiring to a professional career whose expectations
have been curtailed.

Quite possibly, but I've heard numerous anecdotal reports on the radio and
elsewhere of British kids in the past who applied to these sorts of jobs
and were turned down in preference of EU workers. I can only presume because
if you're an immigrant you're less likely to complain about conditions and
are happy to work for lower wages plus you'll probably leave soon anyway
before there's any chance of you becoming confident enough to lodge any
complaints.

Meanwhile those whose background means they were always less motivated
some of whom never had expectations of having to work for a living because
getting up a midday drinking a few cans of beer and taking a few drugs and
doing a little dealing are still doing that ,they haven’t flocked to fill
the positions left by Europeans returning home.

Every country has those sorts , the UK isn't unique in that respect. But
there are 70 million people in this country (hopefully a few million less
by this time next year) most of whom need to work.

would agree the sudden influx of people who
could live on low wages knowing that if it all went pear shaped they could
return home to a less crowded country where the cost of living was less

And sent a large proportion of the money they earned home so the UK economy
lost that benefit.