Old December 16th 20, 06:06 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Have the 483s had their final run?

On 16/12/2020 11:24, wrote:
On 16 Dec 2020 11:01:26 GMT
Marland wrote:
wrote:
On 15 Dec 2020 18:59:36 GMT
Jeremy Double wrote:
Of course, the UK never had any influence in the EU...

Irrelevant. Brexit was about immigration pure and simple. If that clown Blair

hadn't opened the flood gates to all the Igors and Olgas the minute the
grasping east european countries joined and immediately held out their palms
for silver I doubt Brexit would have happened.

It is amusing however how all the Remoaners were claiming the sky would fall
the minute they all started to leave yet now if you go into a Costa most of
the staff are the British kids who were never given a chance before. Also
all the east european security staff in my local supermarket have cleared off

and been replaced by Brits. Brexit - so far - is working.

Be interesting to have a closer study at who those Kids are, the current
plague has so distorted jobs and the economy that the effect of Brexit and
what might have been or not cannot accurately be quantified but one thing
that appears to have been happening is the number of people not just young
who were employed or aspiring to a professional career whose expectations
have been curtailed.

Quite possibly, but I've heard numerous anecdotal reports on the radio and
elsewhere of British kids in the past who applied to these sorts of jobs
and were turned down in preference of EU workers.

Cite?

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.