Old December 25th 20, 11:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Moquette history?

On 25/12/2020 11:02, Recliner wrote:
tim... wrote:

"Graham Harrison" wrote in message
As a child in the 1950s and 1960s I wasn't aware of more than one
moquette - it was all essentially the same to me. In fact I probably
didn't become aware that there were different designs for different
underground lines and buses until sometime this century.

My question is therefore how many designs of moquette has LT/TfL used
over the years and for (roughly) what periods?

despite my lifetime association with the capital, I didn't even notice that
each one had a different moquette

I just thought the different designs was just some random thing

Until I saw a quiz question (in the Metro IIRC) asking you to identify which
moquette belonged to which line

and I thought "Each line has a different one - who knew" (obviously better
informed people than me)

Surely most people knew?

Not the general public I suspect, like a lot of good design you don't
really notice them until they re gone.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.