Old January 5th 21, 05:17 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Sam Wilson[_2_] Sam Wilson[_2_] is offline

Default Thameslink returns to the Tube Map

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 16:22:35 on Tue, 5 Jan 2021,
Tweed remarked:

It's just a cultural thing, like many Europeans have names like Magnus
Magnus*son*, and innumerable similar Slavic suffices.

Slavic? I thought it came from the Icelandic. There surnames come from the
first name of the parent.

Yes, hence the use of the word "similar" (not "identical")

I’ve recently found this fascinating and instructive:
https://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-personal-names

Sam

--
The entity formerly known as