Old January 5th 21, 08:23 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default Thameslink returns to the Tube Map

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
Indeed, I don't think anyone stopped calling Thameslink, "Thameslink",
even when it was operated by FCC.

I remember arriving at St Pancras, maybe on foot or maybe by a tube line,
looking for the "new" (as it was then) Thameslink station, following the
closure of old KX Midland City station on Pentonville Road. And I couldn't
find it anywhere. All the other lines were clearly marked on overhead signs,
but there were no signs to Thameslink. Eventually I though I'd try the
"Govia" line - and found that this was what the Thameslink part of the
station was now called. Bloody stupid to rename it after the old name was so
well known and established. It's like all the renamings of football stadiums
to include the name of the latest sponsor.