Old January 6th 21, 08:55 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Thameslink returns to the Tube Map

In message , at 21:23:19 on Tue, 5 Jan 2021,
NY remarked:
"Roland Perry" wrote in message
Indeed, I don't think anyone stopped calling Thameslink,
"Thameslink", even when it was operated by FCC.

I remember arriving at St Pancras, maybe on foot or maybe by a tube
line, looking for the "new" (as it was then)

The station opened in 2007...

Thameslink station, following the closure of old KX Midland City
station on Pentonville Road. And I couldn't find it anywhere. All the
other lines were clearly marked on overhead signs, but there were no
signs to Thameslink. Eventually I though I'd try the "Govia" line

....and Govia didn't take over the franchise until 2014.

- and found that this was what the Thameslink part of the station was
now called. Bloody stupid to rename it after the old name was so well
known and established. It's like all the renamings of football stadiums
to include the name of the latest sponsor.

But I agree that the different parts of the station should really be
named to represent stability (eg Thameslink/HS1/E*/MML) rather than the
name of the franchise operating it this week.