Old January 6th 21, 05:44 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mike Humphrey[_2_] Mike Humphrey[_2_] is offline

Default Thameslink returns to the Tube Map

On Wed, 06 Jan 2021 09:31:21 +0000, Sam Wilson wrote:
On of the UoEd’s schools used to use login names based on initials but
they were at least 3 characters long. People without a middle name got
an “x” inserted, so S.... W.... (not me) was “sxw”. It looked odd
when you first saw one - “oh, I didn’t know Steve’s middle name was
Xavier...”

According to DVLA, my middle initial is "9". Yes, the number nine. Driver
numbers are based on your surname plus first and middle initials, but if
you don't have a middle name you get a "9" instead.

Mike