Old January 11th 21, 08:21 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] spudisnotyourbud@grumpysods.com is offline

Default Thameslink returns to the Tube Map

On 10 Jan 2021 18:29:30 GMT
Marland wrote:
wrote:
On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 20:09:07 -0000 (UTC)

I had a cousin in his late 40s who did running competitions. He got cancer
and was dead in 9 months. Perhaps we should all be locked in our homes
in case we get hit by a cosmic ray in the sunshine or breath in some toxic
diesel fumes and also get it?

Life has risks, deal with it.

Cancer isn’t contagious and you are not being asked to limit your movement
just to protect yourself and family.

Most people are dealing with it but in a way you and some others do not
like, it remains to be seen which set of opinions prevail, but at the

I don't care how others deal with it. If they want to wear hazmats suits
when they go to the supermarket and hide under the duvet for the rest of the
day thats entirely up to them - but don't expect me to do the same.

moment the people with the power to make life really uncomfortable for
those who disagree are a government emboldened by a very large majority
because people like you put them there because of a single issue,

Right, because Kier Starmer and Labour would be so much more relaxed with the
Covid restrictions. Oink flap.

The whole political class are rabbits in headlights because apparently some
full ICU wards in a few hospitals are a "national emergency" because hysterical
medics are constantly talking it up. Sorry, but a national emergency would be
a total collapse of the water or food supply, a return of the black death with
its 40% fatality rate or being bombed for 50 consecutive nights in a row as
per the Blitz.

Frankly I'm utterly sick ad tired of NHS staff crying wolf:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErN-sYIW...g&name=900x900

till the crisis is over . There are plenty of further steps that could take
place, Boris and Co see the Covid crisis as a war and without the time to
debate nicely about it may soon start to get heavy handed and worry about
the fallout later.

Given the protests that have already happened under the current restrictions
getting more heavy handed I suspect would backfire badly.