Old January 28th 21, 11:11 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default First two HS2 tunnels completed at Euston

In message , at 10:49:46 on Thu, 28 Jan
2021, remarked:
On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 22:36:54 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
From
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/h...cret-100ft-tun
nel-unde
r-london-park-spcxnw65j

Protesters secretly constructed two tunnels supported by an elaborate “ant
nest� of passages without detection near the site of HS2, embarrassing the
security operation surrounding Britain’s biggest infrastructure project.

Of all the places to prevent HS2 construction happening, Euston would be
right at the bottom of my list. Ancient woodland I can understand but Euston
hasn't been a pleasent cityscape since the 1970s.

I think you'll find that these people mistakenly believe that their
attempts to sabotage the OOC-Euston part of HS2 will result in the
entire project being cancelled.