Old January 28th 21, 01:31 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] spudisnotyourbud@grumpysods.com is offline

Default First two HS2 tunnels completed at Euston

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 11:35:04 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 22:36:54 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
From

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/h...ft-tunnel-unde

r-london-park-spcxnw65j

Protesters secretly constructed two tunnels supported by an elaborate “ant

nest” of passages without detection near the site of HS2, embarrassing the

security operation surrounding Britain’s biggest infrastructure project.

Of all the places to prevent HS2 construction happening, Euston would be
right at the bottom of my list. Ancient woodland I can understand but Euston
hasn't been a pleasent cityscape since the 1970s.

I think they just did it to attract attention. They won't have any effect
on HS2 construction, but they figured that they'd attract more journalists
and spectators to a site in central London than to a treehouse deep in the
countryside.

Yes, you're probably right.