Old January 29th 21, 04:32 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_4_] Recliner[_4_] is offline

Default First two HS2 tunnels completed at Euston

wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 10:11:44 +0000
Graeme Wall wrote:
On 29/01/2021 09:23, wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 17:17:11 +0000
Possibly, but if that was the case why was it all hush hush until they were
rumbled? Unless they planned a big Ta-da! reveal at some point. To me it
seems they've expended all that effort digging tunnels for no gain
whatsoever - they'd have got far more publicity just blocking euston road
holding some placards for a morning.

But that's not what they do, this way they get more individual publicity
when they finally reveal themselves. which is what they want, they are
not actually intersted in the notional cause they are supporting. It was
the same with the Newbury by-pass protesters who went on and on about
the rare plants that were being destroyed and then went and camped on
the site of the largest colony of the rarest plants because they didn't
know, or care, what they were.

Well yes, half of them do seem to be professional dossers who couldn't hold
down a proper job if their lives depended on it. The other half being well
off middle class 20 something uni dropouts who haven't grown out of the
rebelling against mummy and daddy stage.

Indeed so. For example:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/hs2-euston-tunnel-protesters-hail-from-off-grid-scottish-island-gometra-3mfjq9bzl?shareToken=316a369ff6fa16c090c5ba8ef0ecd acf

I think this bunch are the usual Extinction Rebellion crowd, who are
essentially anti-capitalist. They'll protest against anything that they see
as a manifestation of Big Business.