Old February 9th 21, 09:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Peter Able[_2_] Peter Able[_2_] is offline

Default Johnston font beneath Thames Barrier

On 08/02/2021 21:44, Richard J. wrote:
Basil Jet wrote on Mon Feb 08 2021 17:20:10
GMT+0000 (Greenwich Mean Time) ...

This sign looks like Johnston font to me, even though the Thames Barrier
is owned by the Environment Agency, not TfL. Was it ever TfL owned?

https://youtu.be/0ImibAisXN0?t=3389

Mr Wiki he say...

"The barrier was originally commissioned by the Greater London Council
under the guidance of Ray Horner. After the 1986 abolition of the GLC it
was operated successively by Thames Water Authority and then the
National Rivers Authority until April 1996 when it passed to the
Environment Agency."

It doesn't look like any of the Johnston fonts to me.Â* The 'U' is too
condensed, the '9' has a full rounded bottom unlike Johnston, the 'S' is
too balanced whereas Johnston has a shorter top section, the 't'
horizontal stroke is not wide enough, etc.

One of the numerous sans serif typefaces, but definitely not Johnston.

https://assets.londonist.com/uploads...5/dsc_0049.jpg

PA