Old February 10th 21, 06:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Johnston font beneath Thames Barrier

In message , at 16:51:03 on Tue, 9 Feb 2021,
Recliner remarked:
Graeme Wall wrote:
On 09/02/2021 13:49, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:58:43 on Tue, 9 Feb 2021,
Graeme Wall remarked:
On 09/02/2021 11:11, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:51:33 on Tue, 9 Feb
2021,* Basil Jet remarked:

*One of the numerous sans serif typefaces, but definitely not
Johnston.

*I was a little surprised that "Sans Serif" as an April Fool, was the
lowest scoring one in yesterday's "Pointless", despite the really
heavy* hints in the question about lower/upper case.

Where did the spaghetti harvest come?

Much higher (which surprised me because it was significantly earlier).

Circa 1957 IIRC whereas San Serif was in the 1970s.

Yes, 1977:
https://static.guim.co.uk/ni/1454601868089/San-Serriffe-special-report.pdf

Of course, in that era before desktop publishing, few ordinary people knew
much about fonts, let alone about sans-serif font families.

You've forgotten about Letraset?