Old February 17th 21, 11:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Pamela[_2_] Pamela[_2_] is offline

Default Johnston font beneath Thames Barrier

On 13:24 13 Feb 2021, Bryan Morris said:
In message , Bryan Morris
writes
In message , Marland
writes
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 16:51:03 on Tue, 9
Feb 2021, Recliner remarked:
Graeme Wall wrote:
On 09/02/2021 13:49, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:58:43 on Tue,
9 Feb 2021, Graeme Wall
remarked:
On 09/02/2021 11:11, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:51:33 on
Tue, 9 Feb 2021,Â* Basil Jet
remarked:

Â*One of the numerous sans serif typefaces, but
definitely not Johnston.

Â*I was a little surprised that "Sans Serif" as an April
Fool, was the lowest scoring one in yesterday's
"Pointless", despite the really heavyÂ* hints in the
question about lower/upper case.

Where did the spaghetti harvest come?

Much higher (which surprised me because it was significantly
earlier).

Circa 1957 IIRC whereas San Serif was in the 1970s.

Yes, 1977:

https://static.guim.co.uk/ni/1454601.../San-Serriffe-

special
-repo

Of course, in that era before desktop publishing, few ordinary
people knew much about fonts, let alone about sans-serif font
families.

You've forgotten about Letraset?

Did many people that would come under the heading of ordinary
really know about that product ?

Depends what you mean "ordinary" I recently threw away some old
Letraset I'd found

In the days before webprocessing and true type fonts (and in fact
before PCs) I used Letraset for headlines etc. in Newsletters I
wrote (typing the articles on strips of paper which were then
stuck down in columns to be photocopied for publication. I still
have folders and files with Letraset titles.

Then of course in the 70s I made loads of 8mm family movies. And
the titles, of course, were Letraset

Bryan maybe you were making smut movies before photos. Is there also
a movie of this disgusting treatment of women in your photo?

https://ibb.co/WNrpgwB

Is that you in a latex raincoat holding the leashes of two naked
women on all fours in the rain?