Old July 1st 04, 08:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Peter Lawrence Peter Lawrence is offline

Default Curious extra station stops on Southern's Watford-Brighton service

On 1 Jul 2004 08:21:02 -0700, (LarryLard) wrote:

As I understand it, Southern's Watford - Brighton services (via
Olympia and Clapham Junction) usual calling pattern southbound is

Harrow & Wealdstone, Wembley Central (sometimes), Olympia, Clapham
Junction, East Croydon, Gatwick Airport, Three Bridges, Haywards Heath
and Brighton

Idly browsing today, however, I found that the 1727 ex Watford - and
apparently *only* this service, all day! - additionally calls at
Streatham Common and Selhurst. Not at any of the other suburban
stations en route from Clapham Junction to East Croydon, mind - just
those two. Just that service.

Why could this be?

Guess. Selhurst could be for crew change. Dunno about Streatham
Common, which is set down only.
--
Peter Lawrence