Old March 28th 21, 01:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Marland Marland is offline

Default LU staff shortages?

Recliner wrote:
Peter Able wrote:
On 26/03/2021 09:41, Recliner wrote:
TfL 'Weekend travel information

The sub-surfaces are reporting "no service due to unavailability of
control room staff"

The effect on the Met and District is slightly less severe than yesterday's
newsletter suggested, so it looks like the staffing situation has improved
slightly.

I wonder if there's been a wave of Covid infections among control room
staff, who are now having to self-isolate at home? Is TfL perhaps doing
more staff testing?

What's up?

Not that I am casting nasturtiums at LUL staff who probably would not even
consider doing such a thing, but in a completely unrelated industry I have
been told by someone who works in it that
after a year of working around Covid some of his fellows have worked out
a time off for Covid Rota
where they phone in telling that they have to self isolate as they or or
someone they have been in contact with had the symptoms, in their case
they have a reasonable sick pay arrangement.
Meanwhile the colleagues whose “turn” it is to come into work are earning a
lot more than they normally would by doing extra shifts.

GH