Old March 31st 21, 07:33 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Anna Noyd-Dryver Anna Noyd-Dryver is offline

Default Tim goes Underground

Bevan Price wrote:
On 31/03/2021 12:56, tim... wrote:

"Bevan Price" wrote in message
On 31/03/2021 11:49, Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:

filming a TV show called
#SecretsOfTheLondonUnderground during a lockdown

How is that an essential service?

It's work which he can't do from home. I don't think there's been a
point
at which non-essential *work* was forbidden (otherwise my friends who
run a
mail-order wool company would have had to close, for example). Or do you
think all production of new TV programmes should have ceased for a year?

Anna Noyd-Dryver

(OT) Well .... I would be happy to see all soaps cease for 50 years.
It might give TV a chance to devise some new, original dramas instead
of bombarding us with endless variations on the same tedious
stories......

is your TV missing an OFF button?

No. It also has a channel change option. It is just that I wish there
were more options for original UK drama, instead of endless repetition
of things long past their sell-by dates.

Too many TV executives seem to take the lazy option of "more of the
same" rather than experimenting with "something different".

Netflix has a lot of original drama content, though of course it requires a
subscription.

Anna Noyd-Dryver