Old April 1st 21, 07:43 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
tim...[_2_] tim...[_2_] is offline

Default Tim goes Underground

"Bevan Price" wrote in message
On 31/03/2021 20:40, Recliner wrote:
Bevan Price wrote:
On 31/03/2021 12:56, tim... wrote:

"Bevan Price" wrote in message
On 31/03/2021 11:49, Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:

filming a TV show called
#SecretsOfTheLondonUnderground during a lockdown

How is that an essential service?

It's work which he can't do from home. I don't think there's been a
point
at which non-essential *work* was forbidden (otherwise my friends who
run a
mail-order wool company would have had to close, for example). Or do
you
think all production of new TV programmes should have ceased for a
year?

Anna Noyd-Dryver

(OT) Well .... I would be happy to see all soaps cease for 50 years.
It might give TV a chance to devise some new, original dramas instead
of bombarding us with endless variations on the same tedious
stories......

is your TV missing an OFF button?

No. It also has a channel change option. It is just that I wish there
were more options for original UK drama, instead of endless repetition
of things long past their sell-by dates.

Too many TV executives seem to take the lazy option of "more of the
same" rather than experimenting with "something different".

The soap operas get far more viewers than most original dramas. That's
why
they don't go away.

I find that hard to understand why. Must be a lot of people who like doing
/ seeing the same things, time after time, year after year. Personally I
prefer "variability" of my entertainment (for want of a better
description).

One of the things which I found surprising is, that if you look at the
ratings for rerun channels

you will find that reruns of reality-crap consistently out score, by quite
some margin, reruns of drama (all types) and documentary

I don't get it, but it's what the masses want