Old April 1st 21, 10:10 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Anna Noyd-Dryver Anna Noyd-Dryver is offline

Default Tim goes Underground

Marland wrote:
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
Recliner wrote:

I wasn't referring to Covid precautions on the shoot. I was asking about
whether the supposedly contemporary story lines include shut pubs, no
mixing indoors, staying 2m apart outdoors, and wearing masks?

Part of the problem with that is that scenes are filmed (or in The Archers
case, recorded) weeks or months in advance [1]. I don't know what the TV
soaps did, but TA (initially at first, anyway - I haven't followed later
developments) decided they'd be a fictional world without Covid - not least
because they'd need to re-record months of material just as it became
significantly more difficult to do so.

[1] TA will occasionally re-record one scene at short notice to mention
significant current events, but it wasn't considered practical to do that
for the entire output at 3 days notice.

I don’t know if it is a good or bad thing that I haven’t a clue what TA
stands for in this context,
I assume the Territorial Army isn’t doing one of those “look at as work”
various Police Forces
have

I did write "The Archers" in full the first time I mentioned it. I thought
it was reasonably obvious that I was continuing to talk about the same
thing...

Anna Noyd-Dryver