Old April 8th 21, 11:56 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Christopher A. Lee[_2_] Christopher A. Lee[_2_] is offline

Default LO lines to be named

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 21:35:31 +0100, "NY" wrote:

"Graeme Wall" wrote in message
Reading buses go in for different liveries for different routes.

Some said that at one time the York Park&Ride buses used have different
liveries for the different routes, depending on which P&R car-park they went
to/from. But by the time I used them, they were a standard livery - the same
as the non-P&R buses (*) - and distinguished only by the LED display with
the number and the route name (I think it alternated between the colour-name
of the route and the name of the car-park).

What is always amusing is if a bus company has temporarily borrowed a few
buses from another company: there's something a bit weird getting on a bus
in York which has bus-company or place-of-interest adverts for Sheffield or
Leeds. I think the furthest afield was one that was from the Exeter area.
That's a hell of a long way to transport a bus that you've borrowed ;-)

When I lived im Manchester, we had Pacers which were withrawn from
Cornwall because the curves were too tigh. These still had Cornish ads
and wers till painted chocolate and cream )their only redeeming
feature).

We also had ex- Glasgoe Class 303 units, still painted in Strathclyde
livery, with Glasgow adverts and maps.