Old April 10th 21, 04:16 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Sam Wilson[_2_] Sam Wilson[_2_] is offline

Default LO lines to be named

wrote:
On Sat, 10 Apr 2021 11:04:28 -0000 (UTC)
Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
wrote:
You can
probably halve it in slow traffic

Actually IMX that's when EVs are at their most efficient.

Most efficient *compared to combustion engines*. But if you drove an EV
down a road at a constant 30mph then drove it down the same road stopping
and starting every 100 metres or less the latter would waste far more power.

Hydrogen power is an enviromental dead end. I wish politicians would realise.

Surely that depends how the hydrogen is generated?

Well blue hydrogen is a non starter, but even green hydrogen is far less
efficient in wind turbine to wheel energy terms taking in every stage + the
vehicle itself than simply charging up a battery. Something like 50% for a
battery EV vs 30% for green H2 I remember reading. The only single advantage
H2 has over batteries is recharge time, other than that its hopeless.

That’s a not inconsiderable advantage!

Sam

--
The entity formerly known as