Old April 11th 21, 06:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default LO lines to be named

I wonder if that would work on the North Downs Line? I suspect the
section from Shalford to Redhill is probably too long for battery working.

Isn't that much shorter than the Marshlink line?

It's around 18 miles. There's another 11 miles non-electrified from
Wokingham to Ash.

Ta, I was assuming the Wokingham-Ash section was within the capabilities
of a battery unit.

Though as they're only separated by around 5.5miles, you need to consider
the effect that one will have on the other (or effectively consider it as
one, 29-mile, section).

Wouldn't 5.5 miles be enough to add at least 50% battery charge? If the
nominal range on a 100% charge is 100 miles, that route should be fine,
year round.

Perhaps the electrified section would need to be beefed up, since the
trains on it would be not only drawing enough power to move 5 miles but
enough power to move 20.

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
1991 - Laughing Stock - Talk Talk